| Academic Paper Support Book: Start here 【Web edition】
(Released: 2014.3.31, Last updated: 2017.3.8)
To access databases and e-journals at home/during business trips
◆Off-Campus Access Services
Students and Faculty or Staff of the University of Tokyo have the access to databases and e-journals limited to the University members from Off campus via these services.
To access service guide and login page, click here.
- "SSL-VPN Gateway Service": For Students
- "Authentication Gateway Service": For faculty or staff, prior procedures are necessary to use this service. The members who can use Authentication Gateway Service are Faculty Members, Fixed-term Project Staff, Fixed-term Part-time Project Staff, and JSPS Research Fellows enrolled at the University of Tokyo.
⇒FAQ "How to access databases and E-journals from off-campus?"
Free electronic journals called Open Access journals can be accessed from home without using the off-campus access services above.
*How to tell a journal's accessibility; whether it is accessible on campus, or on campus and off-campus as well.
Access to E-journal & E-book Portal, and search by the journal title.
(If you are off-campus, log into the Off-Campus Access Services, and search by the journal title.)
Volumes outside of the recorded years indicated on E-journal & E-book Portal are inaccessible on or off campus. (Please search printed version journals by UTokyo OPAC.)
Icons on search result pages:
A list of free tools can be found by searching on GACoS's "Find Database" page using the "Free Access" conditions.
- "Free" icon: Open access journals those are available without using the off-campus access services above.(Titles included in E-JOURNAL PORTAL are only a portion of open access journals.)
- "via off-campus access services" icon: Available from home by off-campus access services above.
- Results without an icon: The journals can only be accessed from a computer connected to the UTokyo network.
(There are some databases that are available by off-campus access service but are not indicated with a via off-campus access service icon, and is now under revision process. Please search on GACoS's "Find Database" page using the "Free Access (registration necessary)" conditions.)
- In a case which the result doesn't include the journal you wanted: The journal is inaccessible on or off campus.(Please search printed version journals by UTokyo OPAC.)